Saturday, August 2, 2014

August is Indie Month Day 2!


Day 2 of Indie Month. Today I have for you Arcane Lacquer (once again chosen by randomizer) in the color Dreary Days. This is two coats with no top coat.

The formula is nice, however quite sheer as you can see. On the nail (without the bright lights) two coats was relatively opaque to a point I felt comfortable. Once the flash/lights were on, it becomes clear that the jelly base is still pretty patchy. A third coat would have evened this out to perfection.

It goes on smooth and the glitters distribute very evenly as you can see, there was no mussing with the glitters at all here.

This is a grey-blue jelly with various glitter pieces in black, silver and blue. It really does remind me of a grey cloudy day. Maybe even something more heinous like a tornado with all those particles floating around in it.
The staying power of this polish is great, I have worn it in the past for four days with minimal tip wear and no chipping. Again as I change my nail color too often I cannot state the full length this polish might wear.

The glitters in this polish are not particularly shiny, but they do give a very nice speckling effect. I like this polish, but glitters don't get enough use from me (because they are just too much of a pain to remove).

For more information about Indie Month and to check out what the other participants are wearing, click here.
Indoors with flash.
The above photo is the most true to it's natural color state, a blueish grey base with more glitter packed in than you can imagine.
Indoors, indirect sunlight.
With flash under halogen lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment